West Union News, November 10, 2010
As most of you know, the West Union family lost one of our prized teachers, Ms. Melissa Childers, 46. She passed away the morning of Sunday, October 24, 2010. She was one of my favorite teachers, and was loved by many in the community. We lost s beloved daughter, mother, sister, and as we know her, an amazing teacher. We will forever remember and cherish our memories of her. We will miss you, Ms. Childress!
On other news, the elementary students had an eventful week recently. From the kindergarteners going to the pumpkin patch, the first graders having a pizza party, to everyone enjoying the book fair! We also had our annual fall festival, where every grade had an activity ranging from the kindergarten’s kinder-lue to the senior’s haunted shack.
As some sports fade away, others come into play. Coach Shane Murphree and the others from each county school are throwing in the towel with this football season. Going out with a 5-3 record, the team showed a promising season. “The boys worked really hard throughout the season, and it paid off for us. Now, we just need more guys who are willing to step up and help take our program to the next level,” according to Coach Murphree when he was asked about this season. Also, Cross Country is about to be at the finish line of the season. Well, these two sports have either ended or it’s coming close, but there are two more sports that is about to take their place: bowling and basketball. The junior high basketball teams have had two games already and they ended with our girls on top, but our boys falling short and showing great effort.
Monday the West Union 2010-2011 bowling team had their first match against North Pontotoc at New Albany Action Lanes. Then on Tuesday the high school basketball had their first game against Thrasher at home. Also, this weekend the Annual Round Robin, hosted by West Union, is going to be held Thursday through Saturday. The West Union Booster Club will be having a steak supper Friday, October 12, starting at 5 p.m. with $10 a plate. Come support youreagles! Until next time, I hope you have a fantastic week!
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...