Eastern Lights, November 12, 2010
Good news of the week. Little Mr. Max Bullock came home this week. He now weighs four pounds and eight ounces. He is the son of Jalon and Christy Whiteside Bullock. Grandparents are Lania and Brenda Bullock and Mr. and Mrs. Phillip Whiteside.
Mr. Freddie Ketchum celebrated his ninety-sixth birthday at his home in Tippah County Saturday, October 29th. All four children were present including Lavern and Chrystine Ketchum of Keownville, all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren as well as great-great-grandchildren.
Joan Owen, sister of Chrystine Ketchum, fell out her door recently and broke her left arm and fractured her right arm. She has been in a lot of pain. Hopefully she will get rid of the cast in about two weeks.
Larvie Hogue is at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. Hang in there, Larvie. God has something else for you.
The descendents of William Thomas and Lucille Bishop Chunn met recently at the home of Jimmy Dean and Kay Whitten. Those present were: Kay Whitten, Jimmy and Nancy Chunn, Sherry Hand and Gary George from Anderson, South Carolina; Cory, Kelli, Kenneth and Kalli McCain from Lexington, Georgia; Loyd and Joan Chunn from Myrtle; Pete, Sharon, Brady and Kelly Chunn, Donna dn Ashton Gandy, W.D., Martha and Kiee Chunn from Center; Karen Hastings, Allen and Darla Medlin, Mark and Kayla Gray, Sammy and Jimma Hood.
The benefit for Paul Roberts at Palestine Baptist Church Saturday night went really well.
We send sympathy to the family of Gayle Wylie who died Saturday at the home of her sister in Cedar Bluff. Gayle is the daughter of Mary Ruth Williams Hill and the late Dwane “Duke” Hill.
Happy Birthday to Jamie Ellen Watkins on November 14th, to Grant Richey on November 16th, and to Gerald Hogue on November 18th.
Happy Anniversary to Robert and Maxine Cook on November 19th .
Visiting here during the week were Robert, Robbie, Sheyanne and Lauren Frazier, Michelle and Josie Foster.
Sarah Easley spent Sunday night here. She is a senior at Water Valley High School. She plans to enter Northwest Mississippi Community College in Senatobia next fall.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...