Ellistown Breezes, November 12, 2010
Aren’t we enjoying the cooler weather? If you are not, just think back a few weeks to the terribly hot weather we had. I’ll take cold weather over hot most any day.
Blue Springs Baptist Church is having a benefit Friday, November 12th for baby Katelyn Courtney who has spent time at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis. She is the daughter of Tommy and Jennifer Courtney, of Blue Springs. Wanda Pannell gave me this information and said they would be serving barbeque plates and smoked chicken plates for $6 each. This even will begin at 5 p.m. and there will be singing at 7 p.m.
I was so pleased to learn last week that Byron Millican can now walk with a walker using his left hand. We’re pulling for you, good buddy.
Carolyn Roberts tells me the Senior Adults had a good trip to Pigeon Forge and they got to hear speaker Junior Hill. I remember enjoying his messages the year we hear him in Natchez.
Betty Smith and her friend Nadine stopped by for a visit on their way home from the Senior Adult Rally at our church last Thursday. She said they enjoyed it especially the speaker Brother Mickey Dalrymple, Pastor of Fairview Church in Columbus.
I am glad to report Carolyn McCraw, of Endville Community, is at home after her surgery. She wants to thank all of you for your prayers and asks that you don’t forget her as she will begin her treatments in a couple of weeks.
Sheri Moore stopped by this morning and brought taco soup. I am sure I will enjoy eating it. We had a nice visit before she continued on her way.
News came over our prayer line that Larry Dunlap’s son was in an accident and was having surgery. We certainly wish the best for him.
I am doing much better even though I must stay in my back brace until December 2nd. Remember the song…”If we (I) make it through December…”
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...