Local citizen foils armed robbery
Local law enforcement agents arrived on the scene of an armed robbery in progress at Medical Center Pharmacy Friday morning, only to find a citizen had managed to subdue a woman with a gun.
According to New Albany Police Chief David Grisham, the pharmacy’s manager Stan Dillon had hindered a Potts Camp woman’s attempt to rob the store.
“Officers received a call at about 11:15 a.m. that there was an armed robbery in progress” Grisham said. “When the officers arrived on the scene, they found Stan Dillon had a female subject on the ground, just behind the store.”
The female, Angel Johnson, 37, of Potts Camp, had alegedly entered the store armed with a glock .45 caliber pistol, Grisham said.
“She entered the front of the store, went up to the counter, pointed the gun at the two ladies behind the counter and said she wanted all the Lortabs,” he said.
Grisham said that Johnson also had a big bag, much like a diaper bag, and demanded that the Lortabs be placed in it. Once the pills had been placed inside, he said, Johnson allegedley walked Dillon outside by gunpoint.
“Somehow, he managed to get the gun away from her and take control of the situation,” Grisham said. “If it hadn’t been for him, I don’t know if we could have caught her. He’s the hero of this story. Citizens like him are a big help to us.”
Grisham said that Johnson was charged with one count of armed robbery.
An armed robbery charge carries a minimum of three years in prison.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...