Macedonia News, November 12, 2010
Karen McMillen is thinking about wrapping her daughter, Jodie, in bubble wrap until Christmas. Jodie fell down some stairs at church and broke her foot.
Mr. Norris Robertson spent about a week in the New Albany Hospital but has been moved now to Union County Health and Rehab on Bratton Road. The family is hoping he can gain some strength before going back home. Mr. Robertson is nursing a broken arm after a nasty fall.
Anita Douell has been diagnosed with melanoma on her back. She will be having surgery on November 18th. The doctor is very optimistic about Anita’s complete recovery.
Betty Carter will have to have additional surgery in January. The doctor wants her to recuperate from her recent surgery before he does this second procedure.
Raymond Owen has completed his second round of chemo. He will not be able to come home until his blood counts come up. The doctors are looking at possibly doing a bone marrow transplant in the near future.
Sue Shelton wants to thank everyone for the phone calls and cards she received after her recent surgery. She appreciates all the love and concern shown to her during this difficult time.
Wilda Kirk had surgery on Sunday, November 7th at Osford Hospital. She had blockage in the stomach area.
Eric Carpenter, Chris Long, and Chris’ brother, Michael, traveled to Illinois for a hunting expedition. I hope they had a successful hunt and come home loaded down with game as well as lots of interesting stories of their adventure.
Bella Brock had a birthday party on Friday, November 5th, at the new Hampton Inn in New Albany. The girls enjoyed hula hoops and swimming in the indoor swimming pool. Glamour time included pink and purple glitter hair, nails, and make up. Seven girls spent the night but didn’t get off to sleep until about 12:45 a.m. They enjoyed a continental breakfast about 8:30 a.m. Bella is the daughter of Chris and Julie Brock.
Two of our granddaughters attended Bella’s party. When Abbie, four years old, came by on Saturday afternoon she excitedly asked to go swimming in Granny Lou’s pool! She was impressed with swimming in November. I just don’t think my pool would compare to the one at the Hampton though, do you? Children are so funny and bring such sunshine to our lives.
Jesslyn Brewer won the Pontotoc Christmas Beauty Pageant on Saturday, November 6th. Jesslyn is the daughter of Jesse and Sonya Brewer. Jesslyn looked absolutely lovely in her gorgeous pink dress.
Several families from Macedonia traveled to Jackson this weekend for the Cross County State Meet. Macedonia was well represented in the run. Savannah Shirley came in third, Sammi Bridges came in fifth, and Mallory Newby came in sixth. The West Union girls came away with the first place trophy, a first for West Union, and this was an exciting achievement for this young team. The West Union boys came in eighth place. We are very proud of our two teams for representing our area in such a positive way.
Our ladies are busy preparing for the Christmas Women’s Conference on Monday night, November 15th at 6:30 p.m. in the family life center at Macedonia. Nicole Morris, a native of Louisiana, will be the guest speaker. Nicole attended Blue Mountain College for four years. After receiving her degree she went to China for two years as a journeyman. In January she will be starting seminary. As an added treat ,Nicole’s sister will be singing at the conference. The cost for the ticket is $10. Contact Regina Russell, Kathryn Henderson, or Patsy Grisham if you need more information.
Thought for the week: May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as His does for you. May He strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father
when our Lord Jesus comes with all His holy ones. I Thessalonians 3:12-13 NIV
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert