Penalty shots lift New Hope over Lady ‘Dawgs
The Lady Bulldogs played with a heightened intensity and held a 1-0 advantage until a late surge lifted New Hope in their win over New Albany on Saturday.
With 8:33 remaining in the match, the Lady Trojans connected on the game-tying score, sending the match into penalty kicks, where they connected on their first three and the Lady Bulldogs missed two of three, resulting in a loss.
“You hate to lose a game on penalty shots; it’s the most nerve wrecking aspect of our game,” NAHS head coach Les Huntington said.
“I think they played hard and dominated the game and to lose it that way is very disappointing. We played very well in the first half. In the second half, we let up just a little bit and allowed them to equalize. All in all, I thought they played very hard and held their own.”
New Albany has played tougher opponents so far this season, all working toward strengthening the team before division play opens against Pontotoc on Jan. 7. Included in their early season schedule last week was a 4-0 decision in favor of Oxford.
“That’s a 5A team, and our competition is tougher this year. It’s going to be hard, but it’s the only way I can think to get us ready for division play,” Huntington said. “
Based on their performance today, I think they’re starting to come around.”
New Albany will have the week off before traveling to Tupelo on Nov. 30 and Saltillo on Dec. 3. NA will host Corinth on Dec. 4.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert