Sherman News, November 17, 2010
Sherman’s Christmas parade will be Saturday, Dec. 4, at 2 p.m. Former Town Clerk Betty Duke has been named the Grand Marshall of the parade.
The Sherman police department received two surplus cars from the City of Tupelo. The 1995 and 2007 Crown Vics are in good condition and ready for use.
The Tri-County Baptist youth went to a youth rally in Corinth Saturday, Nov. 13.
Tri-County Baptist’s church-wide Thanksgiving meal will be held Sunday, Nov. 21, at 6 p.m.
The Sherman Church of Christ youth attended the area wide devotional at New Albany Sunday, Nov. 14, after evening services.
Clay Foster spoke Sunday, Nov. 14, at Sherman Church of Christ in Bro. Joe Connell’s absence.
The Sherman Baptist youth plan to go to Starbucks Wednesday night, Nov. 17.
Sherman Baptist members are participating in Operation Christmas Child and can pick up their box and information from the church library.
The 55 and Up will meet Tuesday, Nov. 16, at 11 a.m. at Locust Hill.
Joint Worship service will be held Sunday, Nov. 21, at Sherman Baptist Church. Other churches participating will be Sherman Grove M.B. Church, Sherman Methodist, Belden Methodist, and Bethel Methodist. Thanksgiving lunch will be served following the morning worship service.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Patricia Ann Armstrong, 57, who died Friday, November 5, at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...