BMC boasts runners at NAIA Championships
While the group of Blue Mountain College runners that competed Saturday in the NAIA Cross Country National Championships enjoyed their visit to Vancouver, Wash., they returned to campus determined to return in a year.
“It was a great experience and we were thrilled to be able to compete in the National Championships,” said BMC cross country coach Heather Duley. “At the same time we were able to see the level of competition in the NAIA and to learn just how far we have to go with our program.
“But we improved steadily through the year and we’re only going to continue to get better,” Duley said. “We will get back there.”
Tuesdae Rowland, Emma Baxter and Magan Wilburn competed in the women’s 6K race, while Austin Epting and Richard Feist competed in the men’s 8K race.
Rowland, a junior from Ripley, finished 250 of 331 runners with a time of 20:45; Baxter, a freshman from Kossuth, was 297 with her time of 22:03; and Wilburn, a sophomore from Mooreville, was 303 with her time of 22:21.
Epting, a sophomore from East Union, finished 163 of 326 runners with a time of 27:11; and Feist, a junior from Saltillo, was 261 with his time of 28:15.
Justina Mudy of Shorter University won the women’s championship with a time of 17:42; and Kennedy Kithuka of Wayland Baptist University, won the men’s race with his time of 24:02.
California State San Marcos won the women’s team championship and Southern Oregon won the men’s title.
“It was cold and rainy and muddy,” said Duley.
“The race conditions were very, very slow and very, very difficult, but we enjoyed every minute of it.”
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...