Shop, and shop locally
The holiday season is here and for most of us, it’s the season when we do more spending than at any other time during the year.
So, it’s a logical time to take stock of what we are going to purchase and whether the items can be bought locally. If an item can be purchased at a business in Union County, we hope you will do so.
Money spent locally not only supports local business and their employees, but also has a ripple effect as the money is spent and re-spent in the local economy.
We understand that for some items, the selection in our community is limited or even not available. We just ask that you shop our county first. If you don’t find what you are looking for, venture out to Tupelo or Oxford and at least keep the money in our region.
We do discourage you from making online purchases for gifts that are going to be given locally. To do so just hurts businesses and the overall economy in our region, and often results in sales tax revenue not coming back to our community.
Buying locally, or at least regionally, is a good plan to follow throughout the year, too. Our economy in northeast Mississippi only is as good at you make it.
So, have a merry shopping season in local stores.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...