Eastern Lights, December 3, 2010
Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone but every day ought to be Thanksgiving.
So far we haven’t seen war in our country in a long time. Not in our lifetime anyway. I would be the first to admit we all have our troubles but there are still many things to be thankful for.
Curtis Easley entered Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany Tuesday evening only to return to North Mississippi Medical Center early Thursday morning.
I got a big surprise Thursday morning when the grandchildren came and said, “We came to work on your house.” So I fixed dinner for them. They were Dwayne and Paula McCullough, Robert and Robbie Frazier, Amy, Haley and Will McCullough.
Saturday my family met at Palestine Fellowship building. Those present were: Rickey and Anne Glidewell, David Easley, Sarah and Jamie, Dwayne, Paula, Amy, Haley, and Will McCullough, Robert, Robbie, Sheyanne and Lauren Frazier. We had a pleasant and wonderful time visiting, eating and playing.
Junior and Ann Pannell had Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday with their son and family, Larry and Sandra.
Billy and Shelby had their family at their home Thanksgiving night. Clifford and Sue Easley joined them for supper.
Happy birthday to Peggy Rakestraw on Dec. 7, to Ky Lynn Foreman and Mavienne Hodges on Dec. 9.
Happy Anniversary to Roger and Linda Jarvis on Dec. 5 and to Harold and Becky Hogue on Dec. 8.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...