Eastern Lights, December 3, 2010
Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone but every day ought to be Thanksgiving.
So far we haven’t seen war in our country in a long time. Not in our lifetime anyway. I would be the first to admit we all have our troubles but there are still many things to be thankful for.
Curtis Easley entered Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany Tuesday evening only to return to North Mississippi Medical Center early Thursday morning.
I got a big surprise Thursday morning when the grandchildren came and said, “We came to work on your house.” So I fixed dinner for them. They were Dwayne and Paula McCullough, Robert and Robbie Frazier, Amy, Haley and Will McCullough.
Saturday my family met at Palestine Fellowship building. Those present were: Rickey and Anne Glidewell, David Easley, Sarah and Jamie, Dwayne, Paula, Amy, Haley, and Will McCullough, Robert, Robbie, Sheyanne and Lauren Frazier. We had a pleasant and wonderful time visiting, eating and playing.
Junior and Ann Pannell had Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday with their son and family, Larry and Sandra.
Billy and Shelby had their family at their home Thanksgiving night. Clifford and Sue Easley joined them for supper.
Happy birthday to Peggy Rakestraw on Dec. 7, to Ky Lynn Foreman and Mavienne Hodges on Dec. 9.
Happy Anniversary to Roger and Linda Jarvis on Dec. 5 and to Harold and Becky Hogue on Dec. 8.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...