Eastern Lights, December 3, 2010
Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone but every day ought to be Thanksgiving.
So far we haven’t seen war in our country in a long time. Not in our lifetime anyway. I would be the first to admit we all have our troubles but there are still many things to be thankful for.
Curtis Easley entered Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany Tuesday evening only to return to North Mississippi Medical Center early Thursday morning.
I got a big surprise Thursday morning when the grandchildren came and said, “We came to work on your house.” So I fixed dinner for them. They were Dwayne and Paula McCullough, Robert and Robbie Frazier, Amy, Haley and Will McCullough.
Saturday my family met at Palestine Fellowship building. Those present were: Rickey and Anne Glidewell, David Easley, Sarah and Jamie, Dwayne, Paula, Amy, Haley, and Will McCullough, Robert, Robbie, Sheyanne and Lauren Frazier. We had a pleasant and wonderful time visiting, eating and playing.
Junior and Ann Pannell had Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday with their son and family, Larry and Sandra.
Billy and Shelby had their family at their home Thanksgiving night. Clifford and Sue Easley joined them for supper.
Happy birthday to Peggy Rakestraw on Dec. 7, to Ky Lynn Foreman and Mavienne Hodges on Dec. 9.
Happy Anniversary to Roger and Linda Jarvis on Dec. 5 and to Harold and Becky Hogue on Dec. 8.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...