Liberty School News, December 3, 2010
Lil Huffstatler Grisham welcomed the 45 attendees to the Nov. 16 meeting of Liberty School. Charlie Sappington gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner.
In the business session Joanne Gaines read minutes from the Oct. 9 annual school reunion and Joyce Fitzgerald gave the financial report. Ms. Grisham stated that the Huffstatler family had given the school a donation.
E.M. “Boots” Herring thanked everyone for their calls during his and Jean’s three-month absence from the meetings. He and Jean also donated a framed picture of George Washington to the school.
Recently Daphnia McMillen donated a picture and teaching certificate of Mrs. Mamie Skinner Carter to the school. This completes the school picture display of teachers who taught in the present Liberty school building.
“Classic Country” presented the entertainment for the evening. Members of the group: Terry McClusky (Ripley) drums; Charles McKee (Falkner), guitar and vocal; Kevin Mullins (Walnut) bass and vocal; B. L. Shaw (Tipplersville) lead guitar; Johnny F. Shoffner (Walnut) guitar and vocal. Included in the musical program: “Good Hearted Woman”, “Folsum Prison Blues”, ” Tennessee Flattop”, “I Turned Twenty-One In Prison”, “ Branded Man”, “Diggin’ Up Bones”, “Truck Driving Man”, “Heartaches by the Number”, “Troubles by the Score”, “North to Alaska”, “Carroll County Blues”, (lead guitar solo), “I’ll Walk the Line”, “Wildwood Flower”, (instrumental), “Get on that Horse and Ride”, “Working Man Blues”, “If We Never Meet Again”. Thank you “Classic Country” for a wonderful evening of entertainment.
Visitors for the evening were: “Classic Country” band members, Destiny, Katie and Cody Hester of New Albany, Mary and John Hogue of Keownville, Patsy McKee of Falkner, Chiaquita, Kristin and Katie Mullins, David Leo Roach, and Eloise Shoffner, all of Walnut.
We were glad to welcome Carolyn Brooks and Juanita Lowery back to the meetings after their extended absences.
Nov. birthdays were: Frances Dunson, E.M. “Boots” Herring, Bob Gaines, Gerald Gaines, Etoyce Pilcher, Jewel Rowan, Ruby Harris Tyer.
November anniversaries were: Patsy and Charles McKee of 42 years. Sympathy is extended to the families of James Dye, Sherman Gilley and George Sloan.
Mrs. Mabel Downs and family celebrate dThanksgiving at the school on Nov. 25.
The Dec. meeting and covered-dish dinner will be held Dec. 21st beginning at 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series