Tucker wins Ward 4 race by six votes
Will Tucker captured the Ward 4 seat on the New Albany Board of Aldermen Monday, defeating opponent Angele Mueller by six votes in the runoff election.
A total of 570 votes were counted, including 511 at the polls, 55 absentee votes and six curbside votes.
Will Tucker took 257 votes at the polls, 28 absentees and three curbside votes, for a total of 288 votes, or 50.53 percent of the vote.
Mueller took 252 votes at the polls, 27 absentees and three curbside votes, for a total of 282 votes, or 49.47 percent.
For complete coverage, see Wednesday's issue of the Gazette.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...