Center Hill News, December 8, 2010
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…everywhere we go!!! Ecru Christmas Parade was this past Saturday night with our own Ms. Ethel Grant (Mamaw Grant) as the Grand Marshal. What an honor for her at 87 years young!!! We are all very proud of her determination and spunk that keeps her going. IF she’s not at church on Sundays or Wednesday nights, then we all know she’s not well….otherwise, she don’t miss.
Several of our ladies 1969 graduating members met this past Saturday for a get-together. Members attending were Hope Tutor Pittman (Hostess), Brenda Purcell Westmoreland, Patricia Gillespie Holcomb, Sandra Cochran Shumaker, Teresa Bost Henry, Phyllis Gentry Lindley and myself. It was such a fun time to reminisce and then learn about each other’s lives now. What’s really funny is when someone would say something about days gone by and one would pipe up and say, “I don’t remember that!” That’s okay….I mean, it’s really okay if we can’t remember everything that happened over 40 years ago, isn’t it??? We will try to get together again in 2011. I will hostess at my house, but we’ll wait on Hope to tell us when since she is the gypsy of the class!!! She and Bryan travel a lot so we will pick a time she is going to be home and can attend.
Friday evening, December 10th, the vans will leave Center Hill Church at 6:30 pm. They will be touring the Christmas lights at Algoma Baptist Church. Anyone wanting to attend, please meet at church at 6:15pm or anyone needing to be picked up may call Bro. Brandon @ 419-2287 or Tim Sanders @ 317-0007
Next Saturday, December 11th, Center Hill Team Kids will be hosting a Puppet Show at 6:00 pm. It will be in the Fellowship Building. Snacks will be served afterwards. This is not just for the children, but for “us older kids at heart”, too. Bring your children or grandchildren and enjoy a wonderful show put on by Cook Baptist Church.
Wednesday night, December 15th, we will meet at the Fellowship Building at 7pm to prepare the fruit baskets for our shut-ins for Christmas.
On Sunday, December 19th, the children will present their Christmas Program at 5pm. Immediately following the Program, our church family will enjoy our Christmas get-together meal. This year we have chosen to bring finger foods. Please come join us for this special time together.
Mr. Frank Hutchenson is not feeling well. Mr. Virgil and Ms. Frances are about the same. Inita Pannell has begun another round of extensive treatments so please remember her in your prayers. Marie Grant has been sick, running fever, but when I talked with her this morning, she reported she was feeling better.
Happy Birthday this week to Jimmie Lessel on 12/8 and Holly Bridgeman on 12/12.
Wishing all a Merry Christmas with blessings of a healthy, happy, “Christ”mas holiday season.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...