NAHS News, December 8, 2010
Yearbooks will be on sale for $50 until Nov. 30, 2010 and will go up to $55.00 after this date. Please get one early to receive this discount. To order please contact Tamara Waldrop or any member of the Vista staff at New Albany High School at (662) 534-1805. So surprise your student this holiday with a yearbook gift certificate. They will make great stocking stuffers. These memories will last a lifetime, get yours today.
Students have begun collecting clothes and toys for the annual “Operation Warm Heart” Christmas adoption program. NAHS adopted 27 children from the New Albany area through the Junior Auxiliary and Helping Hands Christmas program. Any art, chorus or drama students interested in seeing the musical “Shrek” on January 19 should see Mrs. Muncie or Mrs. Thompson before Christmas holidays.
Congratulations to our boy’s soccer team who beat Corinth this weekend 3-1! The girls had their first win of the year, too with a score of 2-0 against Corinth. Though football season is over, we still have thanks and congratulations…Thanks Barkley Travel for the use of their bus in the bonfire pep rally held the night before the Lafayette playoff game, and thanks to all of the NAHS teachers who wrote good luck letters to the football team. Congratulations to our coaching staff for winning Division 1-4A Coach of the Year, to Kareem Brown for being awarded Player of the Year and to Tyler Basil for being awarded Offensive Player of the Year. Many of our team members were chosen for first and second teams as well as honorable mentions. Look for their names next week. Good luck to Victoria Clift and the other cheerleaders in the upcoming cheerleading competition!
This week you can support our Bulldogs in basketball at Shannon on Thursday, Dec. 9, at home Friday against Tish County and again at home on Monday against North Pontotoc. Come out and watch the soccer team heat up “The Kitchen” at 11 a.m. against Tish County.
In academic news, remember to study for the ACT which will be given this Saturday, and exams which start next week. The exam schedule is 1st and 2nd period on Tuesday, 3rd and 4th exams on Wednesday, 5th and 6th exams on Thursday and 7th and makeup exams on Friday, which is a 60% day. Good luck to Victoria Clift and the other cheerleaders in the upcoming cheerleading competition!
Remember to check out our school website www.nahighschool.com to see our new videos. This week we are working on our second edition of “In the Dawghouse” and have also added “Do the Heisman” which is a commercial for the raffle tickets our class is selling to help the NAES EXCEL class purchase cameras to study journalism.
Our class will be working with these third graders this spring to teach them a little about what we do. The winner of the raffle will get an autographed football signed by Mark Ingram of the University of Alabama, their first Heisman Trophy winner. See any of us to purchase a ticket.
The journalism class is putting together a DVD set that features all of the videos from this season, including some that have never made it to the website. It will come packaged with a cool poster; these will be for sale soon.
Check each week to see more new faces and stories!
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...