Sherman News, December 8, 2010
Sherman’s Christmas parade was held Saturday, December 4, with a large turnout. Thank you to the judges who awarded trophies to several parade participants. Congratulations to the following winners: In the business division – Sims Metal Management won 1st, Sherman Drugs won 2nd, and Lower Crossing Medical won 3rd place. In the church division – Sherman Baptist won 1st, Endville Baptist won 2nd, and Sherman Grove won 3rd. In the club division – Lee County 4-H won 1st and Town of Sherman won 2nd. In the horses division, Cedar Grove Stables won 1st and Lower Crossing won 2nd
In the novelty division, Little Miss Tupelo Ambassador won 1st and Sherman Drugs won 2nd. The overall sports car award went to the Corvette Club. And the Best Overall trophy went to Lee County 4-H. Thank you to everyone who participated and helped make the Sherman Christmas parade so successful. Former Town Clerk Betty Duke served as the Grand Marshall of the parade.
Brotherhood was held at 7 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 5, at Tri-County Baptist Church.
The Tri-County Baptist Ladies Fellowship was held at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 7.
The Tri-County Baptist youth’s Christmas program will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 12.
A special thanks to everyone who helped with the Christmas Float. Sherman Baptist Church won 1st place in the church category. The float was also in the Pontotoc parade Monday night, Dec. 6.
The Sherman Baptist Children’s choir program “Miracle on Main Street – – The Little Pageant that Wouldn’t Give Up” will be at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 8.
The Sherman Baptist Church’s goal for the Lottie Moon Christmas offering is $1,500 for the month of December.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series