Tucker wins Ward 4 race by six votes
Will Tucker captured the Ward 4 seat on the New Albany Board of Aldermen Monday, defeating opponent Angele Mueller by six votes in the runoff election.
Tucker, who currently is the manager of his family-owned business, the Windshield Doctor, will take over the post left vacant after his father, Bill Tucker, passed away in October.
A total of 570 votes were counted, including 509 at the polls, 55 absentee votes and six curbside votes.
Tucker took 257 votes at the polls, 28 absentees and three curbside votes, for a total of 288 votes, or 50.53 percent of the vote.
Mueller took 252 votes at the polls, 27 absentees and three curbside votes, for a total of 282 votes, or 49.47 percent.
Both Tucker and Mueller were named the top two of nine candidates from the first election, held Nov. 22. During that showing, Tucker had the lead with 215 votes and Mueller was second with 119 votes. Other candidates were Tim Broom, Jason Butler, John Ellis, Jane Ford, Terry Medlin, Bill Morgan and Jody Walls.
Tucker apparent winner by six votes in New Albany Ward 4 alderman’s race
Mueller, owner and manager of New Albany’s Tallahatchie Gourmet, gained 163 votes from the first election, while Tucker received 73 more votes than last time.
Mueller wished Tucker well following the results of the election.
“Although I am very disappointed in the final vote count, I want to congratulate Will Tucker and wish him well,” Mueller said. “I also would like to thank all of the People in Ward 4 and all over the city of New Albany who worked very hard with me on this campaign trying to make a difference!”
Ward Two Johnny Anderson, who has also served many years on the board along with Tucker's father, said that he felt Will would follow in those same footsteps.
“I look forward to working with Will and I think he will be a good addition to the Board of Aldermen,” Anderson said. “His father Bill and I served together for two and a half terms and I always felt that he had the best interests of the City at heart. He served his constituents well and I would expect the same type of service to the people from his son.”
Tucker will serve as Ward 4 alderman for the remainder of the current term, which is two and a half years.
Ward 4 election results
Candidate Total Votes
Angele Mueller 282 or 49.47%
Will Tucker 288 or 50.53%
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday