West Union students contribute to Operation Christmas Child campaign
During this holiday season, there will be many needy families that will not have the monetary means to purchase gifts for children for Christmas.
For this reason and many others, many churches, individuals, and organizations around town and in the region have teamed up to gather toys, school supplies, and other needed items in shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.
Recently, Tupelo held the National Collection Week for Operation Christmas Child and in Lee County and Union County, over 20,000 shoe boxes were collected are now in the process of being shipped to needy children around the world.
Although that collection week has come and gone, there are still ways to help needy children across the globe with Operation Christmas Child’s “Build A Box,” which is an online tool offering a personalized way to send Christmas gifts to even more children.
Visit www.occbuildabox.org and from there, the donor can select a child’s age and gender, can shop through an online selection of toys and other items, and end with a personalized note of encouragement. The gift boxes will be assembled by volunteers at Operation Christmas Child’s processing center in Charlotte, NC.
In addition, donors will be able to track their box and find out where it will be delivered.
Jim Harrelson, vice president of Operation Christmas Child, “In just minutes, you can highly customize your gifts to bring hope to a child in a desperate situation. This process is unlike anything we’ve ever done, and it will allow even more children to receive gift-filled shoe boxes. We want each of these children to know the true meaning of Christmas.”
Operation Christmas Child is part of the international Christian relief and evangelism organization Samaritan’s Purse. Since 1993, Operation Christmas Child has delivered more than 77 million gift-filled shoe boxes to needy children in more than 130 countries.
For information on Operation Christmas Child, call (662) 862-3434 or visit www.samaritanspurse.org/occ.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series