Ford named NEMCC Dean of Students
Northeast Mississippi Community College athletic director/head women’s basketball coach Ricky Ford has been named Dean of Students at the school effective January 1, 2011.
According to Northeast president Dr. Johnny L. Allen, Ford will retain his duties as athletic director and head women’s basketball coach until the transition to a traditional deanship is made. Ford replaces Kenneth Pounders who is set to retire from Northeast at the end of this month.
“Dean Ford has distinguished himself as a teacher, coach, and administrator,” Allen said. “When we look for people who have “paid dues” in the profession, Ricky Ford has paid his share.
“I congratulate Ricky Ford upon his promotion and Kenneth Pounders for his success leading to retirement.”
Ford came to Northeast in 1981 and immediately set out to established a championship tradition in women’s basketball. He lists 14 North Division, nine State and three Region 23 titles, as well as the 1987 National Championship among his credits. At Northeast Ford’s overall record is an impressive 560-189. His career mark, which includes a stint as head men’s and women’s coach at Booneville High School, stands at 658-230.
In his fifth year as athletic director, Ford oversees the day-to-day operations of the department that features eight varsity sports and the cheerleading squad. He also serves a coordinator of the Mississippi Community/Junior College All-Star Classic football game, which Northeast has hosted since 1987.
“I have always enjoyed taking on new challenges,” Ford said, “and this will certainly be a challenge. I am looking forward to working with all the departments in this area to make Northeast one of the finest community colleges in the nation.”
An alumnus of Northeast, Ford earned a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University and a master’s degree from the University of Mississippi.
Ricky and his wife LuAnne have four children, all of which are Northeast alumni; Aaron, Lauren, Suzanne and Ben, the current president of the Northeast Student Government Association.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Register now for NEMCC spring classes December 6, 2016
- Thanks for keeping ‘Sharing at Christmas’ something to look forward to December 6, 2016
- We still need help to Share at Christmas December 6, 2016
- Officials welcome funding for expanded emergency communications December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday