Myrtle sweeps East Union
The Lady Hawks will face one of their toughest opponents in Lafayette on Monday, and Myrtle used their Thursday night match-up against East Union to prepare, defeating the Lady Urchins, 77-24.
Keanna Cox led Myrtle with 23 points, as she was one of four Lady Hawks that scored in double figures (Halle Knowles 14, Jenna Jordan 13, Meshay Cox 10). Aspriona Gilbert led Myrtle in rebounds with 14.
“Overall, we played good,” Myrtle head coach Chris Greer said. “We looked a little sloppy tonight, but the guard play was good and we didn't shoot well inside, missing a lot of baskets.”
Ashley Leach was the leading scorer for the Lady Urchins with 20 points.
Myrtle has two more games before their holiday break, starting with Lafayette on the opening day of the Myrtle Christmas Clash. Greer knows his team will be challenged by one of the tougher teams in 4A.
“They're going to press, they're quick and they're going to give us a good game,” he said. “Over the break, we've got to get better at a lot of little things, like we don't run our fast break very good, and our defense gets a little sloppy. We'll look to work on those things during the break.”
Myrtle 86 East Union 58 (boys)
Six Hawks scored in double figures, as Myrtle defeated East Union, 86-58 Thursday night.
Heriah Dodson scored a team-high 15 points, while Russ Yates added 12 (6 off three pointers), Nick Milsap and Steven Taylor 11 and 10 points from Robert Montgomery and Cruz Weatherall.
Myrtle will play Water Valley and West Oktibbeha during their annual Christmas Clash on Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 20-21.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series