Have a safe holiday time
Holiday party season is here and at many parties there will be beer, wine or liquor. So, it’s a good time to remind ourselves that if we drink, drink responsibly.
Don’t let that beer or glass of wine with dinner turn into more than that, and a blood alcohol content that could impair your driving.
Last December 753 people were killed across the country in crashes that involved a driver or motorcycle rider with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or higher. That’s the amount to be considered driving while intoxicated in most states, including Mississippi.
“We know that the holiday season can be one of the deadliest and most dangerous times on roadways, due to an increase in drunk driving,” New Albany Police Chief David Grisham said.
Grisham said that everyone needs to plan a safe way home before going to a holiday party and that includes designating a sober drive. If such a driver is unavailable, call a sober friend or family member for a ride.
Don’t become part of the drinking-driver problem. And don’t agree to ride home with someone who has had too much to drink.
Law enforcement officials will be out in force during the holidays to help keep our roads safe.
If you drink alcohol, do so responsibly, and have a safe and sane holiday season.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...