Eastern Lights for Dec. 24, 2010
By Loretta Easley
A very Merry Christmas to all of you. When most of you read this it will be Christmas Eve and you will be entertaining your families with food and presents.
The Christmas program, “The Night Before Christmas” was presented by the children of all ages Sunday night and was very good. There was a good turnout. Some came from Southaven and some from Water Valley.
Betty Smith, Johnny Owen, James and Teen Hodges and Loretta Easley attended the funeral for Mrs. Mattie Mauney, mother of Georgia Hodges at Lowery Methodist Church in Tippah County Tuesday. The church was packed.
Word came Saturday that M.D. “Whitey” White had died early that day. Arrangements are incomplete at this time. He is another one of our World War II Veterans.
Happy birthday to Baliegh Hogue on Dec. 26th, to Jean South, Linda Jarvis and Sherry Richey on Dec. 29th and to Steven Jarvis and Robert Frazier on Dec. 31st.
Robert, Robbie, Sheyanne and Lauren Frazier, Amy, Will and Jamie McCullough and Loretta Easley went to Dry Creek to help Anne Glidewell celebrate her birthday Saturday.
Mr. Olivet Methodist gave their Christmas program Sunday afternoon which was very good. They also had finger foods after the program.
Ann Pannell spent several days at Baptist Memorial Hospital – Union County last week. She is some better and resting at home.
Here’s wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas. May all your days be merry and bright and may God bless all of you with good health.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...