Gault named secretary-treasurer of Miss. School Board Association
Bobby Gault, a long-time member on the New Albany School Board of Trustees, was recently elected as the Secretary-Treasurer of the Mississippi School Board Association (MSBA). This election happened during the Fall Leadership Conference that was held in Nov. in Jackson, Miss.
Gault has been a member of the New Albany School Board of Trustees since 1976, has served on the MSBA Board of Directors for three years, and has served on the state board for six years. During his time on the school board, he has been a part of two school bond issues and two major construction projects.
As of 2011, Gault will enter his 35th year of service on the school board; he has served as board president for eight terms. New Albany School Superintendent Dr. Charles Garrett said, “Mr. Gault’s experience and expertise are invaluable to our district. His election as secretary-treasurer to the Mississippi School Board Association will serve to honor our district and the city of New Albany.”
According to Gault, the secretary-treasurer position with MSBA is no different than at any other organization. The officers meet once a quarter and twice a year there are meetings with members from various school boards. Throughout the year, they will meet in Jackson, Miss. but will also travel to Washington, D.C., California, and Dallas, Texas.
“Once you are elected to the board, you are automatically secretary-treasurer, the next year is vice president, president, and the final year is past president. Delegates nominated me and elected me. The position is voted on by delegates by school board from all over the state and they can elect me or anyone else from the floor. Each school board has an opportunity to have a delegate there.” said Gault.
Gault is a retiree from Mohasco Industries after her served 35 years as Vice President of Administration. He then went to work as Vice President of Operations and partner in his company, Gault Office Products. In the past, he attended Northeast Mississippi Community College and Strayer College of Accounting in Washington, D.C.
An active member of First Baptist Church, he serves as deacon, usher, and assistant general Sunday School secretary. He is a Mason, a Shriner, and a member of the New Albany Kiwanis Club, where he is a George F. Hixon Fellow. Gault has served on numerous committees throughout the community including the Renovation Committee of the Magnolia Civic Center and the Patient/Family Advisory Council at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series