Northeast softball schedules winter clinic dates
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s softball program will hold a trio of mini softball clinics during its annual Winter Clinic on Saturday, January 29 at Booneville’s Westside City Park.
Northeast begins the day with an All Skills Camp from 8:30-10:30 a.m. The concept of the clinic is designed to cover the mechanics, skills and drills to help players become better at the game of softball. The clinic is open to all softball players in the first through twelfth grades.
A hitting clinic follows from 10:45 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. and covers the fundamentals of hitting, bunting and advanced hitting techniques. As with the All Skills Clinic, the hitting clinic is open to all softball players in the first through twelfth grades.
Northeast head softball coach Jody Long has brought back the Lady Tigers Pitching/Catching Clinic after the clinic took a hiatus from the annual event last year and is set to hit the field from 1:45-3:30 p.m.
During the Pitching/Catching Clinic, participants will learn the basic fundamentals and mechanics of both pitching and catching. Fundamentals that are taught to Northeast pitchers and catchers will be also be covered as well as the “mental aspect of these two positions”.
Registration for the clinics takes place at the Northeast Softball Field (Field 1) at Booneville City Park.
Registration for the All Skills Clinic starts at 8 a.m. while the hitting clinic begins at the culmination of the All Skills Clinic at 10:30 a.m. Pitching/Catching Clinic registration starts at 1:30 p.m.
Participants must bring tennis shoes and cleats (if available), a glove, a bat and helmet may also be brought if a player has them.
In case of inclement weather, the clinics will be held in Bonner Arnold Coliseum.
Long is offering a break in registration fees for participants registering early for the clinics or those attending multiple sessions.
For those registering before Wednesday, January 26, the cost of one session is $20 but participants receive a discount for attending multiple sessions. Two sessions are $35 while all three is $50 – a savings of $10.
For those signing up after Wednesday, January 26, one session runs $25 with discounts for multiple sessions being $45 for two and all three sessions for $60.
Lunch from 12:45-1:45 p.m. with members of the Lady Tiger softball team will be provided for those attending for an additional $15.
Early registration is requested due to the demand of the Northeast softball clinic. Almost 60 athletes participated in the 2010 winter clinics.
For more information about the 2011 Northeast Softball Winter Clinics, contact Northeast Mississippi Community College Head Softball Coach Jody Long at 662-720-7305 or e-mail email@example.com
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...