Honoring Mr. Gault
The election of Bobby Gault to the leadership ladder of the Mississippi School Board Association brings recognition and honor not only to Mr. Gault, but also to the New Albany School District and to our city.
Gault, who has been a member of the New Albany School District Board of Trustees since 1976, was elected secretary-treasurer of the state school board association at the group’s fall meeting.
In succeeding years he will become vice president, then president and finally past president of the association, capping a long career of involvement in education.
During his time on our local school board, he has been a part of two school bond issues, two major construction projects and the employment of our superintendent, Dr. Charles Garrett, who was recently named state superintendent of the year.
Because of his long tenure on the New Albany board, Mr. Gault’s role on the board has evolved into one of providing perspective and historical insight into the workings of the board and its schools.
“Mr. Gault’s experience and expertise are invaluable to our district,” Garrett said.
We join the community in congratulating Mr. Gault for attaining this leadership position in the state association.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...