Graysen Matthew Mitchell, 15, of Myrtle, died Jan. 7, 2011 at his home.
Graysen was a blessing to all who came in contact with him with his uplifting spirit despite his life struggles. He will be dearly missed by all who love him. He was born July 24, 1995 in Jackson, MS to Dr. Greg Mitchell and Christina L. Mitchell. He enjoyed electronics, especially working on computers, using his iPhone, playing xbox, and working with robotics. He also liked riding his 4-wheeler and horseback riding. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church and has long been secure in the knowledge of his future.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011 at United Funeral Service with Rev. Louie Williams and Rev. Giles Lindley officiating. Interment will be in Vista Memorial Park in New Albany.
Survivors include his parents, Dr. Greg and Christina L. Mitchell of Myrtle; two brothers, Gavin James Mitchell and Garen Luke Mitchell, both of Myrtle; his paternal grandparents, Aubrey and Mary Anne Mitchell of McComb and Fae Berry of Moselle; and his maternal grandparents, Glenn and Joyce Landrum of Lucedale, MS. He is also survived by his Godparents Ken and Monica Howell of Orlando, Fl. and his Nanny GIna of New Albany.
Pallbearers will be Dave Cherry, David Rainey, Chuck Browning, Eric Landrum, Kenny Howell, Dylan Lee, Ryan Williams and Dr. Don Barnett.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorials be made to either Catchadream.org, P.O. Box 6280, Mississippi State, MS 39762 or Union County Schools-Graysen Mitchell fund, c/o BNA Bank, P.O. Box 811, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...