Ellen Dee’s to feature sports bar and grill atmosphere in New Albany
Despite last year’s downturn in the economy, businesses are booming by the month in the city of New Albany. One such business is the upcoming Ellen Dee’s Bar and Grill, which will be located in the old The Bead Shack building next to Pizza Pit.
Former Wisconsin residents Larry Boyd and Deborah Hutchison came up with the name, which, according to Boyd, is a southern turn on the initials “L & D.” There is actually no persons by the name of Ellen and Dee. Hutchison is the owner of the bar and grill and Boyd will be the general manager.
The couple originally transferred from Wisconsin to New Albany to work for the Ashley Furniture plant in Ecru, then after New Albany got the license to serve beer and light wine, the couple decided that it would be a good time to open up a bar and grill.
Ellen Dee’s will offer new activities and entertainment for New Albany residents and visitors alike. The restaurant will feature a variety of food such as appetizers, hand-pattied hamburgers and cheeseburgers, sloppy joes, pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ ribs, hot wings, hand-cut potatoes, and more. Boyd said that all of the food will be prepared fresh.
Every day of the week there will be different food specials. For example, Monday is 50 cent wing day, Tuesday is mexican, Wednesday is italian, Thursday is chicken, Friday night there will be a fish fry, Saturday night is steaks and prime rib, and Sunday is BBQ ribs.
Boyd makes his own homemade BBQ sauce and hot wing sauce and said he might invest in bottling the sauces at a later date. Catering may be a possibility in the future.
In addition to serving fresh food, the bar and grill will also have a wide variety of beer, wine, and wine coolers, alcohol that is allowed to be served at a percentage of five percent or less.
The bar and grill can seat approximately seventy-five people. “We will have 15 TVs that will have 15 different sporting events on at all times, there will be live music every Saturday night, karaoke every other Friday night, and once every six weeks we plan to have a comedy act come and perform,” said Boyd.
The plan is to open in February. A ribbon cutting ceremony and open house will be announced at a later date. The address is 610 West Bankhead Street and Ellen Dee’s Bar and Grill’s phone number is (662) 534-2255.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...