Don’t ban pit bulls
I read Friday, Jan. 14, about the proposed ban discussed on pit bulls and had an aching numbness in my stomach because I am a proud owner of a loving family pit.
I think it is wrong to even propose a ban on them. If you do your research, pit bulls are not born vicious; they are made that way by their owners. I have neighbors whose dogs are not pit bulls that are extremely vicious, and I don’t see any proposed ban on them.
I did a lot of research before my family got a pit bull and I found that a Chihuahua is more likely to attack you than a pit bull will.
Instead of a ban, why can’t we have certain standards that owners should take with any kind of dog. Our school mascot at New Albany is a bulldog, but if you go online and look under bulldog breeds that are vicious, most would say our mascot falls under those terms.
Don’t discriminate against the breed before you get to know them. Please don’t ban the breed.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...