Don’t ban pit bulls
I read Friday, Jan. 14, about the proposed ban discussed on pit bulls and had an aching numbness in my stomach because I am a proud owner of a loving family pit.
I think it is wrong to even propose a ban on them. If you do your research, pit bulls are not born vicious; they are made that way by their owners. I have neighbors whose dogs are not pit bulls that are extremely vicious, and I don’t see any proposed ban on them.
I did a lot of research before my family got a pit bull and I found that a Chihuahua is more likely to attack you than a pit bull will.
Instead of a ban, why can’t we have certain standards that owners should take with any kind of dog. Our school mascot at New Albany is a bulldog, but if you go online and look under bulldog breeds that are vicious, most would say our mascot falls under those terms.
Don’t discriminate against the breed before you get to know them. Please don’t ban the breed.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...