Don’t ban pit bulls
I read Friday, Jan. 14, about the proposed ban discussed on pit bulls and had an aching numbness in my stomach because I am a proud owner of a loving family pit.
I think it is wrong to even propose a ban on them. If you do your research, pit bulls are not born vicious; they are made that way by their owners. I have neighbors whose dogs are not pit bulls that are extremely vicious, and I don’t see any proposed ban on them.
I did a lot of research before my family got a pit bull and I found that a Chihuahua is more likely to attack you than a pit bull will.
Instead of a ban, why can’t we have certain standards that owners should take with any kind of dog. Our school mascot at New Albany is a bulldog, but if you go online and look under bulldog breeds that are vicious, most would say our mascot falls under those terms.
Don’t discriminate against the breed before you get to know them. Please don’t ban the breed.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Santa, silhouette artist to be at museum Saturday December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- ‘Sharing’ total reaches $8,127 December 9, 2016
- County Road 137 to close for bridge work December 9, 2016
- BNA Bank opens mortgage center in former bus station December 9, 2016
- Library program to feature sermons by Lutheran pastor who opposed Hitler December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...