Don’t ban pit bulls
I read Friday, Jan. 14, about the proposed ban discussed on pit bulls and had an aching numbness in my stomach because I am a proud owner of a loving family pit.
I think it is wrong to even propose a ban on them. If you do your research, pit bulls are not born vicious; they are made that way by their owners. I have neighbors whose dogs are not pit bulls that are extremely vicious, and I don’t see any proposed ban on them.
I did a lot of research before my family got a pit bull and I found that a Chihuahua is more likely to attack you than a pit bull will.
Instead of a ban, why can’t we have certain standards that owners should take with any kind of dog. Our school mascot at New Albany is a bulldog, but if you go online and look under bulldog breeds that are vicious, most would say our mascot falls under those terms.
Don’t discriminate against the breed before you get to know them. Please don’t ban the breed.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...