James Huffman will be a tough act to follow at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
Huffman, the administrator at our hospital for the past five years, has been promoted to the same job at the rapidly growing 339-bed hospital in the Baptist system in DeSoto County.
Based on his handling of the job here in Union County, we’re not surprised that he was singled out for such a plum job in the Baptist health care system. Huffman is a respected administrator who understands the delicate balance between being the boss and having good synergy and relationships with both employees and the community.
He was both involved in the community and involved the community in the hospital through its effective community outreach programs.
During his tenure, the hospital made a number of advances, including the 2008 expansion of the women’s center, a new MRI, and a helicopter pad to facilitate patient transfers. The hospital currently is adding a second CT scanner.
We have said several times how fortunate New Albany is to have a strong not-for-profit hospital that is focused just on good patient care rather than making a profit for investors as is true in so many other communities.
James Huffman has been a good steward of that mission here in Union County. We know the community wishes him and his family well as they move on to the Memphis suburbs.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series