Ingomar cheer wins state
Long hours and numerous practices paid off for the cheerleading squad of Ingomar. Competing in the Small Varsity 1A division at the 2010 state champions, the girls brought a title home, earning enough points to qualify as state champions.
“It was pretty exciting,” captain Bailey Littlejohn said. “We had a lot of things we had to work around, different schedules and lots of hours practicing, but it definitely paid off.”
Practicing since September and under the direction of choreographer Amanda Miller, Ingomar was one of several area schools to vie for one of the numerous state titles in the competition.
“A lot of people do not realize how many hours go into it,” co-captain Megan McDonald said. “We spent at least three hours, three days a week practicing after school, and you also have to give up your weekends for practice.”
The squad consists of 11 girls, ranging from junior high to high school. While they were the only competitors in their division, they still had to qualify with a certain amount of points to earn the championship, a feat the girls are proud to have accomplished.
“These are not just given away,” Littlejohn said. “We performed and earned enough points to qualify for the title. I think we did good.”
This is the first title for this group in the sport, and seniors, like Littlejohn, are happy to have earned it after they fell short a few years ago.
“My first year on the squad, we won regionals and made it to state, but our music messed up,” she explained. “Otherwise, I feel like we could have earned, at least, runner-up.”
The state champion squad was honored at a reception this past Tuesday night before the Falcons and Lady Falcons hosted Myrtle in basketball.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...