East Mississippi gets two wins in Booneville
East Mississippi got things started in game one as the Lady Lions cruised to 61-52 win over the Lady Tigers and in game two Northeast fell 91-81 to the Lions.
Coach Ricky Ford’s team dropped to 8-8 and 3-3 in the North Division while Coach Sharon Thompson’s unit moved to 8-7 and 3-2.
Leading the way for East Mississippi was Kierra Jones, who had a game high 19 points and 12 boards, followed by Kiara Quinones-Noa’s 14 and Jamie Gunter’s 10. The only double-digit scorer for Northeast was Anna Brooke Page who had 15 points along with a pair of rebounds and two blocked shots.
On the men’s side, David Robbins squad only trailed by three points at the break 40-37 however, were outscored 51-44 in the second half despite getting a game-high 28 points from Jermaine Hollimon.
Hollimon was 11-of-21 from the floor and 5-of-8 from the charity stripe but only managed to hit 1-for-8 from downtown.
Tyler Pritchard added 21 points while Cedric Janes contributed 10.
East Mississippi was led by Jonathan King’s 26 points and 13 boards shooting an impressive 9-of-10 from the floor and going 8-for-9 from the free throw line.
Deonte Alexander had 23, Donavan Walker 17, while DJ Evans added 13 for the Lions.
Northeast only turned the ball over 13 times compared to 18 for East Mississippi but three-point shooting was clearly on the side of the Lions. The Lions hit 9-of-18 (50-percent) while the Tigers struggled only hitting 4-of-18 for 22-percent.
Both teams will look to rebound from the tough losses while getting extra practice time in this week.
Northeast's next match-up will come on Thursday, January 27 when it travel to Senatobia to face Northwest Mississippi Community College for another North division game.
Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. for the ladies and 7 p.m. for the men.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert