Advising the Fed
The appointment of Vance Witt to an advisory group of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is another milestone for our community.
Witt, chairman and chief executive officer of BNA Bank, will serve a three-year term on the St. Louis Fed’s Community Depository Institutions Advisory Council.
He was the only Mississippian named to the Fed’s Eighth District Council, which serves Arkansas, and parts of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee and Mississippi.
The 12-member council will advise James Bullard, St. Louis Fed president, on local credit, banking and economic conditions.
“Community financial institutions are vital in creating and sustaining economic growth in our nation’s communities,” Bullard said. “As a key source of credit for small businesses, these institutions provide an important perspective on the relative health of the U.S. economy.”
The St. Louis Federal Reserve is one of 12 regional banks, that along with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., comprise the Federal Reserve System. It is the nation’s central bank and regulates state-chartered member banks and holding companies.
In this era of big banking conglomerates, we think the Fed’s decision to create an advisory council representing community banks is a good one. Often the interests of large banks and community banks diverge.
Witt not only is very knowledgeable about banking, but also is involved in community service as president of the Union County Heritage Museum, a trustee of Northeast Community college, and a trustee of the Barret School of Banking in Memphis.
The St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank has made a good choice.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series