Make Mississippi smoke free
Having worked for years in a business that allows smoking, having been associated with the American Cancer Society for 13 years, and as someone allergic to smoke, I was thrilled to read your Dec. 30 editorial, “Toyota and tobacco,” and learn that all tobacco use will be banned at the new Toyota plant in Union County.
I commend Toyota for protecting the health of their employees, but there are still an untold number of other people who are subjected to second-hand smoke in the workplace every day. These people deserve to be protected, too.
The scientific evidence indicates that there is no risk-free level if exposure to second-hand smoke. Mississippi needs to pass a statewide smoke-free law that protects every single employee, including those who work in bars, restaurants and casinos.
The members of our legislature have the power to pass this law and they should. All workers deserve equal protection from the dangers of second-hand smoke.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series