Let Ole Miss run the university
An effort by a state legislator to require Ole Miss to return Colonel Reb as the university on-field mascot and specify what music the marching band should play has died in the Mississippi House.
The bill was a divisive proposal to resurrect an issue that the university administration already has dealt with.
The university has made many changes in recent years to improve its academic stature and its image among the nation’s public universities.
Having the legislature start meddling in the internal affairs of Ole Miss would be a major mistake.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...