Let Ole Miss run the university
An effort by a state legislator to require Ole Miss to return Colonel Reb as the university on-field mascot and specify what music the marching band should play has died in the Mississippi House.
The bill was a divisive proposal to resurrect an issue that the university administration already has dealt with.
The university has made many changes in recent years to improve its academic stature and its image among the nation’s public universities.
Having the legislature start meddling in the internal affairs of Ole Miss would be a major mistake.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...