Northeast softball moves season opener
Northeast Mississippi Community College head softball coach Jody Long has announced that the Lady Tigers 2011 season opener against Blue Mountain College on Thursday, February 3 has been postponed due to the threat of inclement weather forecasted for the northeast Mississippi area.
Northeast was set to open its season against the four-year school on Thursday, February 3 but due to the threat of inclement weather, that date has been moved to Monday, February 7 at 1:30 p.m. in Booneville.
In addition to opening against Blue Mountain College, Northeast will open its season in three straight tournaments before opening up North Division play on Wednesday, March 2.
Northeast will open the Northwest-Shoals (Ala.) Patriot Bash in Muscle Shoals, Ala., February 11-12 and begins the tournament against the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Division II National Champion Muskegon (Mich.) on Friday, February 11.
After participating in the Rush Invitational in Meridian on February 18-19, Northeast returns to the friendly confines of Booneville City Park as it hosts the annual TigerFest tournament on February 25-26.
Northeast will open its North Division schedule on the road in Moorhead against Mississippi Delta on Wednesday, March 2 before finally holding its North Division home opener against East Mississippi Community College on Friday, March 4.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...