School Boards Recognition Week
The Union County School District and the New Albany School District will join districts across the state to thank school board members during School Board Member Recognition Week, Feb. 13-19, for their leadership and service to local school districts and communities.
“This week is our opportunity to say thank you to our school boards for their dedication to our children and communities,” said Ken Basil, Union County School District superintendent.
More than 750 Mississippians are members of local school boards. The board members who serve on the Union County School District and the New Albany School boards are responsible for setting the vision and goals for their districts. They work to provide a quality education for K-12 students while closely monitoring each district’s annual budget. Each school board also hires quality educators, sets district goals, adopts policies and evaluates progress while keeping the interest of the students first.
“As elected school leaders, board members play an important role in our representative government, guaranteeing local control of our public schools. I am very grateful for the outstanding leadership of our school board,” said Dr. Charles Garrett, New Albany City Schools superintendent.
During School Board Recognition Week in Mississippi, the Union County School District and the New Albany City School District invites students, staff and community members to take part in honoring its school board members to show their appreciation for the outstanding job each board member does in ensuring that a quality education is available for all students.
Charles E. Garrett
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...