School Boards Recognition Week
The Union County School District and the New Albany School District will join districts across the state to thank school board members during School Board Member Recognition Week, Feb. 13-19, for their leadership and service to local school districts and communities.
“This week is our opportunity to say thank you to our school boards for their dedication to our children and communities,” said Ken Basil, Union County School District superintendent.
More than 750 Mississippians are members of local school boards. The board members who serve on the Union County School District and the New Albany School boards are responsible for setting the vision and goals for their districts. They work to provide a quality education for K-12 students while closely monitoring each district’s annual budget. Each school board also hires quality educators, sets district goals, adopts policies and evaluates progress while keeping the interest of the students first.
“As elected school leaders, board members play an important role in our representative government, guaranteeing local control of our public schools. I am very grateful for the outstanding leadership of our school board,” said Dr. Charles Garrett, New Albany City Schools superintendent.
During School Board Recognition Week in Mississippi, the Union County School District and the New Albany City School District invites students, staff and community members to take part in honoring its school board members to show their appreciation for the outstanding job each board member does in ensuring that a quality education is available for all students.
Charles E. Garrett
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series