Nichols pleads guilty, sentenced to five years probation
New Albany boys' soccer coach Taylor Nichols pleaded guilty Thursday to charges of touching a child for lustful purposes while occupying a position of trust.
According to Mississippi’s 3rd District Attorney Ben Creekmore, Nichols, 25, was sentenced to 15 years in prison and five years probation. Because he pleaded guilty to the charge, however, the 15 years in prison was suspended.
Nichols has also been required to register as a sex offender and avoid contact or identification with the alleged victim.
He was arrested late Sunday night after being accused of kissing a female student at New Albany High School. Sources said that the female student is a junior.
Nichols was also placed on administrative leave from his position as coach and 10th grade history teacher.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...