Lady Eagles, Urchins claim North Half bowling championships
Two schools continued their winning tradition at the State Qualifying Bowling meet last Friday, as West Union girls and East Union boys both earned first place finishes, advancing to the State Championships this week.
The Lady Eagles picked up their win in the Baker Style round against Kossuth, as the Lady Aggies led throughout the four games, finishing first with 2,605 to West Union’s 2,436.
In the Baker Style, West Union won the first set, 121-111 and each team battled ties in the second set, with Kossuth eventually taking the win in the second tiebreaker. The Lady Eagles won the last two sets, 135-125 and 120-102 to take the North Half title.
East Union girls finished in third place with a score of 2,287, giving them a wildcard spot for the Championships. The Lady Urchins battled in throughout the day, as they were in fourth place after the first two games before taking third to qualify for state, along with Tremont.
On the boys side, East Union will chase after their third championship in four years as the top team from the North, while West Union will travel to Jackson as the number two seed.
The Urchins remained in front for the entire match, edging the Eagles in each round, 800-748, 1,606-1,485, 2,367-2,261 and 3,133-3,081 in the fourth game to advance to Baker Style, where the Urchins again won to take the North Half title.
East Union and West Union will travel to Jackson for the State Championships.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...