Northeast golf opens 2011 season
Northeast Mississippi Community College golf program finished as the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) state runner-up and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Region XXIII runner-up in 2010.
A year removed from those accolades, Craig Lauderdale’s six-man platoon found the waters choppy in the MACJC’s first event of the year as Northeast started three freshmen and two sophomores at The Oaks Golf Course in Pass Christian hosted by Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
Northeast finished ninth to open the 2011 season carding a two-day 686 after shooting a 341 on the first day and followed up with a second-day 345 total.
Booneville’s Trey Mattox led the way for the Tigers with a two-day 159 – good enough for a tie for sixth overall in the tournament and a place on the all tournament team.
Sophomore Austin Holt of New Albany finished the two-day tournament with a 163 and tied Maddox for the team’s lowest score when the Northeast sophomore carded a 79 on the first day of the tournament.
Freshman Easton Cartwright of Booneville carded a 171 while Taylor Trimble of Thrasher and Blake Conlee of New Albany finished the tournament with 186 and 194 two-daytotals, respectively.
Trimble saw the most improvement over the two-day tournament cutting his first day total by six strokes from 86 to 80.
Mississippi Gulf Coast took home the top spot in its own event with a two-day 615 whileCopiah-Lincoln and Northwest finished second and third respectively with two-day 633 and 662 totals.
Northeast has time to refocus sitting out nearly a month before the next MACJC match of the year on March 6-7 at the Copiah-Lincoln Invitational in Wesson. The two-day tournament will see golfers take to the links on Wolf Hollow Golf Club and Brookhaven Country Club.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series