Northeast golf opens 2011 season
Northeast Mississippi Community College golf program finished as the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) state runner-up and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Region XXIII runner-up in 2010.
A year removed from those accolades, Craig Lauderdale’s six-man platoon found the waters choppy in the MACJC’s first event of the year as Northeast started three freshmen and two sophomores at The Oaks Golf Course in Pass Christian hosted by Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
Northeast finished ninth to open the 2011 season carding a two-day 686 after shooting a 341 on the first day and followed up with a second-day 345 total.
Booneville’s Trey Mattox led the way for the Tigers with a two-day 159 – good enough for a tie for sixth overall in the tournament and a place on the all tournament team.
Sophomore Austin Holt of New Albany finished the two-day tournament with a 163 and tied Maddox for the team’s lowest score when the Northeast sophomore carded a 79 on the first day of the tournament.
Freshman Easton Cartwright of Booneville carded a 171 while Taylor Trimble of Thrasher and Blake Conlee of New Albany finished the tournament with 186 and 194 two-daytotals, respectively.
Trimble saw the most improvement over the two-day tournament cutting his first day total by six strokes from 86 to 80.
Mississippi Gulf Coast took home the top spot in its own event with a two-day 615 whileCopiah-Lincoln and Northwest finished second and third respectively with two-day 633 and 662 totals.
Northeast has time to refocus sitting out nearly a month before the next MACJC match of the year on March 6-7 at the Copiah-Lincoln Invitational in Wesson. The two-day tournament will see golfers take to the links on Wolf Hollow Golf Club and Brookhaven Country Club.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...