Ellistown Breezes, February 25, 2011
Happy Birthday to Buple Childress and Maggie McCraw, a big three, Saturday, Feb. 26; to Hazel Hines Monday, Feb. 28; to Natalie Hatcher a big 10 Tuesday March 1; and to Sarah Grubbs Thursday, Feb. 3.
Natalie came by and sold me a box of Girl Scout Cookies. I chose chocolate/coconut and they are really good.
We had eleven present in Sunday School class last Sunday and had a wonderful worship service following. Drew Cook came back home and sang a solo for us, Bro. Mike preached a great sermon, and we had three cancer victims come forward and give praise to God for His touch in their lives. It was wonderful to hear.
Our Sunshine Band (senior adults) will meet at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 24. John Hickey, owner of In Bloom Flower Shop, will be our guest speaker. Chili, soups and baked potatoes will be provided. We are all to bring a dessert. Come join us.
Baptist Men’s Day will be Sunday, March 6. Our young people will be providing lunch that day. We will have hamburgers, baked beans, ranch potatoes and dessert. The donations given for the lunch will be used for 2011 Summer Camp.
Deepest sympathy to our Youth Director, Bro. Chad Roberts and family, in the recent loss of his uncle.
About Chris Elkins
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- Lee selected for Alcorn nursing program January 18, 2017
- Hillcrest Baptist Church to host Night to Shine Prom for people with special needs January 18, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- Planning can save 15 percent at grocer’s January 19, 2017
- Elementary students honor King January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...