Ellistown Breezes, February 25, 2011
Happy Birthday to Buple Childress and Maggie McCraw, a big three, Saturday, Feb. 26; to Hazel Hines Monday, Feb. 28; to Natalie Hatcher a big 10 Tuesday March 1; and to Sarah Grubbs Thursday, Feb. 3.
Natalie came by and sold me a box of Girl Scout Cookies. I chose chocolate/coconut and they are really good.
We had eleven present in Sunday School class last Sunday and had a wonderful worship service following. Drew Cook came back home and sang a solo for us, Bro. Mike preached a great sermon, and we had three cancer victims come forward and give praise to God for His touch in their lives. It was wonderful to hear.
Our Sunshine Band (senior adults) will meet at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 24. John Hickey, owner of In Bloom Flower Shop, will be our guest speaker. Chili, soups and baked potatoes will be provided. We are all to bring a dessert. Come join us.
Baptist Men’s Day will be Sunday, March 6. Our young people will be providing lunch that day. We will have hamburgers, baked beans, ranch potatoes and dessert. The donations given for the lunch will be used for 2011 Summer Camp.
Deepest sympathy to our Youth Director, Bro. Chad Roberts and family, in the recent loss of his uncle.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...