Ellistown Breezes, February 25, 2011
Happy Birthday to Buple Childress and Maggie McCraw, a big three, Saturday, Feb. 26; to Hazel Hines Monday, Feb. 28; to Natalie Hatcher a big 10 Tuesday March 1; and to Sarah Grubbs Thursday, Feb. 3.
Natalie came by and sold me a box of Girl Scout Cookies. I chose chocolate/coconut and they are really good.
We had eleven present in Sunday School class last Sunday and had a wonderful worship service following. Drew Cook came back home and sang a solo for us, Bro. Mike preached a great sermon, and we had three cancer victims come forward and give praise to God for His touch in their lives. It was wonderful to hear.
Our Sunshine Band (senior adults) will meet at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 24. John Hickey, owner of In Bloom Flower Shop, will be our guest speaker. Chili, soups and baked potatoes will be provided. We are all to bring a dessert. Come join us.
Baptist Men’s Day will be Sunday, March 6. Our young people will be providing lunch that day. We will have hamburgers, baked beans, ranch potatoes and dessert. The donations given for the lunch will be used for 2011 Summer Camp.
Deepest sympathy to our Youth Director, Bro. Chad Roberts and family, in the recent loss of his uncle.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...