Prairie Wildlife opens
In West Point, Mississippi you can find a unique place called Prairie Wildlife. Their mission is to uphold sporting traditions everyday through visionary conservation efforts, dedicated community involvement and unparalleled experiences afield. Their vision is to ensure our sporting traditions, our habitat and our wildlife will be here for generations to come.
Prairie Wildlife, through its owner, Jimmy Bryan, has made a commitment to prairie restoration that is unsurpassed. Jimmy has restored more than 900 acres of historic native grasslands, which is Mississippi’s most endangered ecosystem, and leads the state in native Black Prairie restoration. Over 80 cents of every dollar earned at Prairie Wildlife is going directly to preserve this threatened ecosystem.
The planting of native grasses creates seed for food, nesting and brood rearing habitat and year-round protection for all wildlife. These grasses also provide much needed cover and greatly reduce erosion.
Prairie Wildlife’s successful conservation efforts and dedicated community involvement are upholding our valued sporting traditions. And as they
There are opportunities to hunt various species at Prairie Wildlife. They offer dove hunting, white‑tail deer hunts, bobwhite quail hunts and an extraordinary program called “My First Game” hunt. You can also enjoy hiking trails, canoeing, fishing, and bird and butterfly watching.
Prairie Wildlife offers the perfect setting for youth events and experiences. Their summer camp offers outdoor photography, nature hikes, canoeing and fishing. With the focus on conservation practices, ecological learning and wildlife care, the youth who attend will never forget about the wetland experiences, the archery and shotgun classes and the teachings of respecting and preserving our environment.
If you wish to experience an authentic step back in time, you can stay in a beautiful 1845 log cabin which has been updated with many modern conveniences. It easily accommodates up to 6 guests. Your stay will be historic, comfortable and enjoyable. If you need a larger place, the one-of-a-kind Bryan Lodge is spacious enough to accommodate a total of 12 people.
With an atmosphere conducive to relaxation, Prairie Wildlife’s Corporate Retreat and Event Grounds will provide you with wonderful outdoor experiences, privacy, security, exclusive use of the professional facilities and an intimate atmosphere for entertaining and relaxing. Contact their professional staff today. Call (662) 295‑7224 or visit www.prairiewildlife.com for more information and rates.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...