Prairie Wildlife opens
In West Point, Mississippi you can find a unique place called Prairie Wildlife. Their mission is to uphold sporting traditions everyday through visionary conservation efforts, dedicated community involvement and unparalleled experiences afield. Their vision is to ensure our sporting traditions, our habitat and our wildlife will be here for generations to come.
Prairie Wildlife, through its owner, Jimmy Bryan, has made a commitment to prairie restoration that is unsurpassed. Jimmy has restored more than 900 acres of historic native grasslands, which is Mississippi’s most endangered ecosystem, and leads the state in native Black Prairie restoration. Over 80 cents of every dollar earned at Prairie Wildlife is going directly to preserve this threatened ecosystem.
The planting of native grasses creates seed for food, nesting and brood rearing habitat and year-round protection for all wildlife. These grasses also provide much needed cover and greatly reduce erosion.
Prairie Wildlife’s successful conservation efforts and dedicated community involvement are upholding our valued sporting traditions. And as they
There are opportunities to hunt various species at Prairie Wildlife. They offer dove hunting, white‑tail deer hunts, bobwhite quail hunts and an extraordinary program called “My First Game” hunt. You can also enjoy hiking trails, canoeing, fishing, and bird and butterfly watching.
Prairie Wildlife offers the perfect setting for youth events and experiences. Their summer camp offers outdoor photography, nature hikes, canoeing and fishing. With the focus on conservation practices, ecological learning and wildlife care, the youth who attend will never forget about the wetland experiences, the archery and shotgun classes and the teachings of respecting and preserving our environment.
If you wish to experience an authentic step back in time, you can stay in a beautiful 1845 log cabin which has been updated with many modern conveniences. It easily accommodates up to 6 guests. Your stay will be historic, comfortable and enjoyable. If you need a larger place, the one-of-a-kind Bryan Lodge is spacious enough to accommodate a total of 12 people.
With an atmosphere conducive to relaxation, Prairie Wildlife’s Corporate Retreat and Event Grounds will provide you with wonderful outdoor experiences, privacy, security, exclusive use of the professional facilities and an intimate atmosphere for entertaining and relaxing. Contact their professional staff today. Call (662) 295‑7224 or visit www.prairiewildlife.com for more information and rates.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday